Amerman convened a committee that consisted of parents, teachers, the city of Northville Police, Wayne County, Durham Bus and our own Operations department to redesign our arrival and dismissal procedures to ensure the safety of all of our children. Please see the visual representation of our procedures. We thank you for your attention to this.
Center Street Entrance:
Buses will use the bus only lanes on Center Street to unload and load children.
All walkers and bike riders will use the Center Street entrance as well as
children whose parents park and escort them.
Children will enter and exit using the gym doors.
Please know that:
Traffic may not back up onto 8 mile.
In order to prevent a backup, it is important that you follow our procedures:
- All cars, in the Loop, need to continue to pull up as the line moves.
- Once your child/ren are in the car, there is no stopping in the Loop lanes allowed. You must pull out of the lanes and park.
- If a child cannot buckle him/herself, notify a supervisor, then please pull up, off to the side of the single lane to pick the child up. An adult will bring your child to you. You can buckle the child there and then carefully renter the lanes.
- We ask that, at dismissal, you do not turn left out of the parking lot onto Eight Mile. We recognize that it is an inconvenience but it is for the safety of everyone.
- The "30 Second Quick Loop" will be accessed only from 8 mile.
- There will be two lanes that will allow cars to come in off of 8 mile and wait in queue. Merge to a single lane at the back of the gym. Pull up single file all the way to the front of the loading zone designated by the pylons.
- DO NOT LOAD OR UNLOAD ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE LOADING ZONE.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE LANE. MOVE ALL THE WAY FORWARD. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR.
- Loading: If your child is unavailable, proceed through the queue and come around again or find a legal parking space.
Thank you for your help with this as we work to keep everyone safe. With everyone's cooperation, this process has proven to be successful. Let's keep that success going.